COVID-19 Patient Information
March 16, 2020
To our valued patients,
Fromer Eye Centers and the Eye Surgery Centers of New York has been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving changes in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We wanted to let you know that our highest priority is keeping our patients and staff safe and healthy.
• We are responding to the most updated reports from the Centers for Disease (CDC) control and from state and local government agencies.
• We are encouraging our staff and patients to protect their personal health: CDC Preventive Guidelines
• We have significantly increased the frequency of cleaning all of our facilities, including exam rooms and commonly touched surfaces using hospital-grade germicide.
• We are asking our staff to stay at home if they have any symptoms or have been exposed to the virus.
• We are screening patients before they come for their visit and asking them to reschedule if they have a fever, cough, cold or runny nose and/or have recently traveled to China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Italy or Iran.
• Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly and always before eating or drinking. Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water or use a 70% based alcohol-based hand sanitizer to kill germs.
• Do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth and face with unwashed hands.
• If you have any symptoms of the cold or flu, or are not feeling well, please stay home: CDC Symptoms List
At this time, our office and surgery center will remain open. We are dedicated to providing a safe space for you and your family to receive the best care and will continue to monitor this developing situation closely and comply with recommendations and instructions from the CDC and our local and state health departments.